How to focus while praying

Assalamu Alaikum dear brothers and sisters.

This is a very serious concern that many of us are unable to concentrate while we stand to pray in front of our creator. So today, I'm going to share with you some of the effective strategies that I Alhumdulillah personally use while praying and I believe that Inshallah this will help you too.

But before that, let me tell you a hadith in Sahih Muslim 2203. 

One of the companion of prophet (may peace be upon him) whose name is Uthman Bin Abi Al-Aas (may allah be pleased with him), came to him and said: "The Shaitan comes between me and my salat and causes me problems with my recitation." So the Messenger of Allah, (peace be upon him), said: "That is a shaitan called Khanzab, so if you feel his presence, seek refuge in Allah and blow a mist to your left three times." He said: "I applied this advice and Allah has rid me off him."

So by keeping this in mind that whenever we stand in prayer a shaitan called Khanzab comes in between to perform his part, allow me to begin.

In the name of Allah, the most beneficent and merciful. 

  • The very first thing I'd say (as suggested by the prophet SAW) is that always make an intent that this can be my last prayer so make the most out of it.  
  • Do not watch a movie or listen to music before prayer otherwise its scenes or lyrics will be kept playing into your mind.
  • How to focus while praying
    Take a look at this picture before you're going to pray and keep it in mind that you're praying exactly at this place of Masjid Al Haram while actually praying.  
  • Understand the meaning of the words of Qur'an so that you're aware of what you're reciting and this will help you to stay focused while praying.
  • The moment Iblis disturbs you with unwanted thoughts, don't give it a second opportunity to ruin your prayer, the very next moment tell yourself that Allah SWT is watching me or you're praying in front of your Lord. 

So these are the strategies that I'd suggest you people. Never ever think that these are very difficult to implement. Nothing is difficult, Allah SWT says:

"And that there is not for man except that [good] for which he strives" Quran 53:39 

"And that his effort is going to be seen" Quran 53:40 

"Then he will be recompensed for it with the fullest recompense" Quran 53:41 

My brothers and sisters strive for it using those pointers above and Allah will bless you with the ability to concentrate.

Allah Hafiz.
Remember my parents in your Du'a.



Comments

Popular Posts